Gift Voucher Terms + Conditions
We have $20, $30 and $50 electronic gift vouchers available. When you purchase one you'll be prompted to enter the recipient's name, email address, a message, and also choose what date to send it out. The recipient will receive an email with a unique voucher code and secret key, and will then be able to use it here on our website. Our vouchers last for 3 years, and can be used all in one go, or in smaller amounts, with any leftover funds being saved for the next purchase.
These Terms govern the use of Affirmations Publishing gift vouchers (Gift Voucher) and constitute a binding legal agreement between Affirmations Australia Pty Ltd (ACN 96 050 324 206) (Affirmations Publishing, we or us) and the person purchasing, redeeming, attempting to redeem or otherwise in possession of a Gift Voucher (you). These terms are to be read in conjunction with our general terms and conditions and our other terms or policies available on our website from time to time at www.affirmations.com.au.
We ask that you read these conditions carefully before purchasing, redeeming or attempting to redeem a Gift Voucher. By purchasing, redeeming or attempting to redeem a Gift Voucher, you warrant and represent to us that you have read and agree to be bound by these Gift Voucher Terms. If you are giving a Gift Voucher as a gift, it is your responsibility to ensure that the recipient is aware of these Gift Voucher Terms.
2. Expiry and Validity
- Gift Vouchers issued after September 2021 expire three (3) years after the date of issue of the Gift Voucher, irrespective of when a recipient of a Gift Voucher may receive the Gift Voucher (Expiry Date).
- Gift Vouchers are not valid after the Expiry Date and any amounts remaining or unused on the Gift Voucher are non-refundable.
- When a Gift Voucher reaches a zero (0) balance, it is no longer valid.
- For the validity of the Gift Voucher, there are no limitations on the number of transactions for which the Gift Voucher may be used – other than once the total value of the Gift Voucher has been spent.
- All Gift Vouchers remain property of Affirmations Publishing. Expired Gift Vouchers may be destroyed by you or returned to us.
- Taxes are still applicable on any products purchased with a Gift Voucher and will be included in the purchase price and deducted from the Gift Voucher. All Gift Voucher amounts are in Australian Dollars.
- Gift Vouchers are non-reloadable and may not be redeemed for cash. Gift Vouchers are not legal tender, account/credit/debit cards or securities and no transaction statements will be sent to you regarding your Gift Voucher.
- You are not permitted to sell your Gift Voucher and you cannot obtain any cash advance with your Gift Voucher.
3. Purchase of a Gift Voucher
- Gift Vouchers may be purchased on our website by credit card.
- Once a Gift Voucher has been successfully purchased, the date of issue of the Gift Voucher will be recorded on the Gift Voucher and the Gift Voucher will be activated.
- Gift Vouchers are generally excluded from sale promotions and discounts unless otherwise specified by us. Gift Vouchers cannot be purchased using coupon codes or discounts.
- We will not be responsible for delays or any losses or damage arising from any delay in activating a Gift Voucher.
- You agree that by redeeming a Gift Voucher, you authorise us to reduce the amount on your Gift Voucher by the value of the purchase. By redeeming a Gift Voucher, you agree that you are making a purchase subject to our Sale Terms and Conditions.
- If a purchase does not exceed the amount of the Gift Voucher, any remaining amounts will remain on the Gift Voucher and may be used on future purchases, valid to the same Expiry Date. If a purchase exceeds the value of the Gift Voucher, the remaining amount must be paid for using another payment method, such as cash or debit/credit card.
- To use your voucher towards a purchase simply follow the instructions when checking out your online purchase.
You can check the remaining balance on your Gift Voucher by logging to our website.
6. Returns of purchases
- Products that are purchased wholly or partially with a Gift Voucher may only be exchanged or returned in accordance with our Returns Policy.
- Where a refund is issued for a product purchased wholly or partially with a Gift Voucher, you agree that any part of the purchase made by Gift Voucher may be refunded in the form of a credit of the equivalent amount instead of other tender. Any amounts paid by other tender will be refunded in the same tender to the same account in which the purchase was made.
7. Cancellations and alterations
- Once issued, you cannot cancel a Gift Voucher except if used, expired or otherwise cancelled by us.
- We reserve the right to cancel, void or alter the balance of a Gift Voucher at any time without notice to you, where a Gift Voucher is:
- used for illegal purposes;
- issued in error; or
- otherwise tampered with in any way.
- Where we have cancelled or voided a Gift Voucher due to the fault of us, we will issue you with a refund or replacement Gift Voucher or a refund of the purchase price at our discretion.
9. Limitation of Liability
- You agree that you are responsible for the use and protection of your Gift Voucher and that you are liable for all transactions on your Gift Voucher, except to the extent that there has been fraud or negligence by us.
- You have certain rights under the Australian Consumer Law which cannot be excluded and are not affected by these Gift Voucher Terms. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we exclude all other liability whatsoever to you arising out of or in any way connected with these Gift Voucher Terms or your purchase or use of a Gift Voucher, including any liability for consequential or indirect losses of any kind, loss of profit, revenue or goodwill, howsoever arising and whether caused by breach of statute, breach of contract, negligence or other misdeed.
- To the extent permitted by law, our maximum aggregate liability to you is limited to the purchase price of your Gift Voucher.
10. Variation and waiver
A provision of these Gift Voucher Terms or a right created under it, may not be waived or varied except in writing with the consent of each of the parties.
Any provision of these Gift Voucher Terms that is prohibited or unenforceable in any jurisdiction is to be severed from these Gift Voucher Terms in that jurisdiction to the extent of the prohibition or unenforceability. Such severability does not invalidate the remaining provisions of these Gift Voucher Terms nor affect the validity or enforceability of that provision in any other jurisdiction.
12. Governing Law
These Gift Voucher Terms are governed by the law of NSW. Each party submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of courts exercising jurisdiction there in connection with matters concerning these Gift Voucher Terms.
- These Gift Voucher Terms may be amended from time to time by us and the latest version will be published on our website. It is your responsibility to keep up to date with these Gift Voucher Terms.
- If you do not agree with such amendments, you may contact us within (14) fourteen days of us publishing the amended Gift Voucher Terms and we will cancel and refund your Gift Voucher or provide an alternate resolution. c) Any amendments to these Gift Voucher Terms will apply to all Gift Vouchers purchased or redeemed after the amendment date.
If you have any questions or concerns relating to your Gift Voucher or these Gift Voucher Terms, please contact us on free call 1800 222 254 or email email@example.com.