Author: Suzanne Maher Date Posted: 29 April 2021
Life doesn't come with a manual. It comes with a mother. Mother. That one word that cannot be defined in a single phrase; that one word that embodies all the love a human being could possibly offer. Your first teacher, with comforting arms like no other, who’s place no one else can take, holding your hand and your heart forever.
A mother is not just someone who gave birth to a child. If you ask me, a mother represents the combination of feelings, behaviours, and sacrifices that occur while raising a child, whether the child is biologically hers or not.
She is the only woman in the world that will constantly forgive your lies, no matter how big they are. She will still give you that warm smile just minutes after you misbehaved and made her angry.
A mum will be the only one supporting and lifting your spirit up whenever you’re feeling down. Mothers leave all their personal needs behind so their children can have everything they need. They will not sleep or eat until you come home, and they know you’re safe and sound. Mothers will protect their children at the price of their own lives. A mother will do all these things with unconditional love, and she won’t stop just because you’re 50 years old and live in another country.
Some of us only get to understand a mother’s effort once we become parents ourselves – better late than never, right? But the ugly truth is that sometimes it can be too late, so we should learn to say “Thank you” and “I love you, Mum” every time she cooks our favourite meal and every time she calls to check up on us.
She’s tired, she tries her best and maybe she still doubts her mothering “skills”, but a few kind words will brighten up her day and give her enough strength to carry on and do what it takes to make you an even better person than you are today.
We’ve carefully chosen these mother quotes that are both heart-warming and uplifting.
Think about the last time you talked to your mother just to say something nice, just because. We're used to asking moms for advice, calling for support or wishing her a happy birthday. But our mums deserve more than that.
This Mother's Day, make sure she knows just how much you love and appreciate her for being the glue that holds it all together.
It’s not every day that we take the time to let them know how grateful we are for everything they’ve done for us. Maybe we believe that’s just their duty and we don’t even think to thank them. At a loss for words? Here are some of Mother's Day quotes. Let some of the most famous minds of our time put your feelings into words.
- All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel mother. – Abraham Lincoln.
- A mother is your first friend, your best friend, your forever friend. – Unknown
- Mums are the people who know us the best and love us the most. – Unknown
- A mother is she who can take the place of all others, but whose place no one else can take. – Cardinal Mermillod
- Happiness is seeing your mother smile. – Unknown
- No matter your age, you will always need your Mum. – Unknown
- I’m a strong woman because a strong woman raised me. – Unknown
- Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever. – Unknown
- I believe the choice to become a mother is the choice to become one of the greatest spiritual teachers there is. – Oprah Winfrey
- I loved you before I knew you. – Unknown
Good housekeeping - BY SELENA BARRIENTOS AND MARISA LASCALA - Apr 22, 2021
Motherhood: All love begins and ends there. – Robert Browning.