What to write on a wedding card
Wedding card messages should be warm and authentic. If you’re not sure what to write, try these three steps:
- A word of congratulations to the couple:
- Congratulations on your wedding day!
- Warmest congratulations!
- So happy for you both!
- Congratulations to the perfect couple.
- It makes us glad to see you both so happy.
- Congratulations to a couple of lovebirds.
- Some warm wishes for their relationship:
- I hope it’s even more beautiful and perfect than you can imagine.
- We hope it’s just the start of a lifetime that gets better and better.
- Best wishes for a happy life together.
- If any couple deserved a sweet and beautiful wedding day, it’s the two of you.
- Be happy, be grateful, be loved.
- Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness.
- May your love for each other see you through life’s storms.
- Your most excellent adventure has just begun.
- Best wishes for a fun-filled future together.
- May your dreams find wings, and your two hearts know only happiness.
- May your day be filled with sunshine and love.
- A note of thanks:
- Thanks for inviting me to your wedding.
- It’s an honour to share in such a beautiful and important day.
- Thank you for inviting us to celebrate with you and your families on this special day.
Beautiful wedding quotes
Are you stuck for words? Perhaps some of these quotes will inspire you:
- “Hearts knitted together with love can never be pulled apart.” — Kate Knapp.
- “Life is for deep kisses, strange adventures, midnight swims and rambling conversations.”— Kate Knapp.
- “The heart has its reasons, of which reason knows nothing.” — Blaise Pascal.
- “A good marriage is one where each partner secretly suspects they got the better deal.” — Anonymous.
- "You know you're in love when you don't want to fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." — Dr Seuss.
- "The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more. That plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds.” — Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook.
- "How in hell can you handle love without turning your life upside down? That’s what love does; it changes everything." — Lauren Bacall.
- "Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get—only with what you are expecting to give—which is everything." — Katharine Hepburn.
- "To be fully seen by somebody, then, and be loved anyhow—this is a human offering that can border on miraculous." — Elizabeth Gilbert, Committed: A Skeptic Makes Peace with Marriage.
- "Love doesn’t make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile." — Elizabeth Barrett Browning.
- "It is love that makes the impossible possible." — Indian Proverb.
- "The best thing to hold onto in life is each other." — Audrey Hepburn.
- "Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." — Roald Dahl.
- "Being married is like having somebody permanently in your corner. It feels limitless, not limited." — Gloria Steinem.
- "To find someone who will love you for no reason, and to shower that person with reasons, that is the ultimate happiness." — Robert Brault.
- “Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale.”― Melissa Brown, Picturing Perfect.
- “The way to happiness: live simply, give much, fill your life with love.” ― Buddhist Teaching
- “Faith makes all things possible. Hope makes all things work. Love makes all things beautiful. May you have all three.” ― Anonymous.
- “Love is a springtime plant that perfumes everything with its hope.” ― Gustave Flaubert.
- “Love is like a tree: it grows by itself, roots itself deeply in our being…” ― Victor Hugo.
- “What a grand thing to be loved. What grander thing still, to love!” ― Victor Hugo.
What witty or unique messages would you write on engagement or wedding cards?
Be careful with witty messages - they can easily backfire. Jokes told aloud with a wink can easily be misinterpreted when written down. With that in mind, here are some ideas:
- Marriage means commitment. Of course, so does insanity. You guys must be genuinely insane or MADLY in love.
- Never laugh at her choices. You are her biggest one!
- May you live each day like your last and love each night like your first.
- You’ve finally found someone who understands your weird jokes/odd obsessions. Hold onto them forever!
- "A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person." — Mignon McLaughlin.
The absolute best wedding card message
In the end, the best message is written straight from your heart. It can be as unique as your relationship with the couple, and you can be sure that your heartfelt words will help build the beautiful energy the wedding day deserves.