New Baby Cards
New baby cards to celebrate the special little ones
“The littlest feet make the biggest footprints in our hearts.”
It is an extraordinary time when a new baby comes into the world. One of those moments that new parents will cherish forever and one of those times that friends and families band together to show they care and that they're ready to embrace a beautiful change in the world.
A congratulations card is one of the simplest yet most thoughtful ways of sharing your appreciation and showing your love. Browse our selection of new baby cards today and find the perfect card for the perfect new addition to our world.
What to write in a new baby card
A new baby is just about the sweetest thing! With so much love surrounding them and so many possibilities ahead of them, it’s a magical moment. Heartfelt messages are the best for new baby cards, so before you start, take a breath and tune into your love for the parents and the new baby. Write from your heart, but don’t forget to:
- Address the recipients. Are you sending it just to the mum/s, the dad/s, or to both parents? For example, “Dearest Joe and Dave” or “To the best parents a baby could want”
- Congratulate them. For example, “Congratulations on the birth of your sweet baby girl!” or “Congratulations on the arrival of your beautiful baby boy."
- Welcome the baby. For example, “Welcome to the world, little one, we've been waiting for you.” or “What a very lucky baby.”
- Tell them how happy you are for them. For example, “I can’t tell you how excited I am to meet her.”, “I’m so thrilled that he arrived safely and that you’re both doing well”, or “I am so happy for your family and wish you all the best."
- Add a message of support. For example, “You are going to make the best mums a boy could ever hope to have!” or “If you ever need a helping hand, I am just a phone call away!" or “Good luck on your greatest adventure yet.”
Lovely quotes for new baby cards
- "Making a decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide to forever have your heart go walking around outside of your body." — Elizabeth Stone
- “Being parents just puts your whole world into perspective. Everything else just disappears.” — Kate Winslet
- "A baby is something you carry inside you for nine months, in your arms for three years and in your heart till the day you die." — Mary Mason
- “All those clichés, those things you hear about having a baby and motherhood—all of them are true. And all of them are the most beautiful things you will ever experience.” — Penelope Cruz
- “Sometimes the littlest things take up the most room in your heart.” — Winnie the Pooh
- “All kids need is a little help, a little hope, and somebody who believes in them.” — Magic Johnson
- “The only creatures that are evolved enough to convey pure love are dogs and infants.” — Johnny Depp
- “A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest.” — Irish Proverb
- “Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness, heart, talent, guts. That’s what little girls are made of.” — Bethany Hamilton
- “I think, at a child’s birth, if a mother could ask a fairy godmother to endow it with the most useful gift, that gift would be curiosity.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Babies are amazing. They begin each day all warm and sleepy, smelling of promise.” — Julia Roberts
Song lyrics are greeting card gold. There must be a million love songs with lyrics that would be beautiful on a card to your partner. Here are 22 to get your inspiration flowing...
You might be tempted to think that handwriting a card is like butter churning – a thing of a bygone era. But you'd be wrong – greeting cards are far from obsolete and are actually increasing in popularity.