Affirmations Publishing House works with external writers, illustrators and photographers. We currently welcome submissions from interested parties, however we ask that you read the following guidelines carefully before contacting us.
Please send any submissions to Julia Ehemann at email@example.com with ‘Submission’ in the subject line.
- All work must be available for exclusive use by Affirmations Publishing House (APH). If accepted, and it must be able to be exclusively used by APH. All work must be original, with no copyright or rights extended to other parties.
- All work must include the following:
- (a) A cover letter explaining your submission and why it could sit within our current offering of product.
- (b) If you are a writer or editor, all editorial copy must be supplied in a Microsoft Word file.
- (c) All illustration work accompanying a submission must be scanned, saved and sent within a low-res PDF. No original material will be accepted, and if sent, will not be returned to sender.
- We take every care to acknowledge the receipt of your submission, however, please allow us time to review. We may keep your material on file for future reference.
- We will never use your material in any form without a contractual agreement in place.
PLEASE NOTE: It is imperative that all submission enquiries follow the guidelines listed above, otherwise work will not be considered. It would also be wise to browse through our website to see if your submission would sit with our current product. It MUST be relevant.
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO IF YOU DO NOT HEAR FROM US?
Check out The Australian Society of Authors for an excellent source of support and information on how to get published: https://www.asauthors.org
Also see: http://www.publishers.asn.au If you look at the industry membership section, they have an excellent source of contact details and will advise if publishers are currently open to submissions, along with website links.
The Children’s Book Council of Australia also has an advice page on submissions for Authors and illustrators. https://cbca.org.au/
Go to potential publishers sites and read their submissions page – if you don’t follow their requests, they won’t look at your submission!
The best of luck to you.