Affirmations Publishing House occasionally works with external writers, illustrators and photographers. We welcome submissions from artists and authors, however, we ask that you read the following guidelines carefully before contacting us.
- All work must be available for exclusive use by Affirmations Publishing House (APH). If accepted, and it must be able to be exclusively used by APH. All work must be original, with no copyright or rights extended to other parties.
- All work must include the following:
- (a) A cover letter explaining your submission and why it could sit within our current offering of products.
- (b) If you are a writer or editor, all editorial copy must be supplied in a Microsoft Word file.
- (c) All illustration work accompanying a submission must be scanned, saved and sent within a low-res PDF. No original material will be accepted, and if sent, will not be returned to sender.
- We take every care to acknowledge the receipt of your submission, however, please allow us time to review. We may keep your material on file for future reference.
- We will never use your material in any form without a contractual agreement in place.
It is important that your submission follows the guidelines listed above, otherwise your work will not be considered. The best of luck to you.
Please send any submissions to Julia Ehemann at email@example.com.
Frequently asked questions
What if my work is rejected?
Check out The Australian Society of Authors for an excellent source of support and information on how to get published.
Also see the Australian Publishers Association. If you look at the industry membership section, they have an excellent source of contact details and will advise if publishers are currently open to submissions, along with website links.
The Children’s Book Council of Australia also has an advice page on submissions for Authors and illustrators.
I just want to print a limited number for my family and friends
This isn't the kind of publishing that we do - you're better off with a printer in this case. If you're local to Bellingen, try Midcoast Printing.